The history of this Institute dated back from February 2009 with the establishment of Centre for Clinical and Quality of Life Studies (CCQoLS) as a novel attempt by UniSZA was to enhance promotion and expansion of its multidisciplinary and innovative healthcare research. In the year 2013, the centre was renamed as the Centre for Community Development and Quality of Life (CCDQ). The aim this centre was to expand community based research, training and teaching programme. Since 22 January 2014, the centre was upgraded to become an institute, and named as the Institute for Community Development and Quality of Life (iCODE) or Institut Pembangunan Komuniti dan Kualiti Hidup.
iCODE is envisaged to complement UniSZA's aspiration to excel not only in teaching, learning and training but also to focus community based applied research and to function as platform for surrounding urban and rural communities, particularly in nurturing physical, mental, environmental and spiritual enhancement.
On 19 August 2014 until present, iCODE get approve letter from Higher Ministry of Education as a Center of Excellence (CoE) named Institute for Community (Health) Development (i-CODE) or Institut Pembangunan (Kesihatan) Masyarakat (i-CODE).
The i-CODE hence provides clinical and community based research, combined with holistic healthcare approaches. The role of i-CODE is not only research, but it also provide community activities, training and consulting services to community and industry especially Small and Medium Industries (SMI).
FUNTIONS OF i-CODE
- i-CODE is centre for community development in terms of health.
- i-CODE is an institute where you diffuse (criss-crossing / blend) a field of knowledge with field other, especially in health problem
- i-CODE is institute where all data on health can be kept and effort to health oriented united with.
- Health promotion and reference simplified for society
- i-CODE where all health research interdisciplinary in use to produce innovation for innovation to give best of health interest to humanity
|Details of Approval||Date|
|University Academic Studies Committee||3 March 2014|
|Senate||24 March 2014|
|University (MPU) Management Meeting||22 January 2014|
|Board of Directors of The University||5 June 2014|
|Ministry of Higher Education||19 August 2014|